I'm trying to learn to sew. I bought a pattern that says dress in an hour. It looked easy enough. I had someone guiding me though the process. It shouldn't be that hard. About 3 hours of sewing time and I'm still not finished. (According to the pattern, cutting out time is not counted in the 1 hour. I spent another hour on that, I think) After sewing the two sides of the skirt together and the two sides of the bodice together, I thought this is so easy. It got harder!! I am proud, however, of the fact that the sleeves look pretty good, (after picking one of the sleeves out and putting it back in as it was covering my neck line instead of my arm.) I would wear it. The rolled hem on the neck line??? I will try it again. I'm hoping for a better result this time. Then all I have to do is attach the skirt to the bodice, after I gather it and put some sort elastic in. Then, I hem the skirt!! What could be easier!!!:)
Gia was a champ while I was sewing!!! She played with friends the whole time. What a sweet heart. (I can't say as much for when I went to buy the fabric. I ended up chasing her out the door and down the sidewalk with my not- yet -purchased fabric in tow.) Gia keeps telling me she wants me to make her a dress too, "So we can be matching."
As soon as we get batteries for the camera, I will hopefully post pictures of my beautifully finished summer dress; first project down on my quest to become a seamstress and all around skilled housewife.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Still want to post pics? HAHA!
ReplyDelete