Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Off to the Races

Okay Monday  we had another fun family night. We only had about 5 minutes for our little activity after the lesson because we were running late. We hurried outside to have our sack races.    It seems like the older I get,  true big belly laughs are fewer and farther between.  I don't think I've laughed this hard in a long time.



We all got in our sacks and headed for the starting line.  Of course Jared decided the starting line was where he was standing.  Gia and I were already struggling by the time we got done helping each other there.

 And then we were off ( well kind of).  Gia and I were laughing so hard that we couldn't make it off the starting line. Gia was laughing because I was laughing. Afterward Jared asked her why she was laughing.  She replied, with a bewildered look on her face, "I don't know" .  


I was laughing at Jared.  I wish I had a video of Jared hopping around in his sack.  He looked so funny,  I mean cute, in the little sack, hopping as fast as he could.   He could barley reach the little handles. 


What a great daddy!  He is willing to be silly with us.  Laughter sure has the ability to elevate your mood.  I smiled and had a little giggle the rest of the evening.  I need to figure out how to laugh more often.  It seems like I get so caught up in getting things done like cleaning the house, getting the groceries, getting  Gia showered,  clothed, fed, teeth brushed, and keeping clean panties on her, that I forget to look for the humor in life.

Today, (Wednesday May,19) Gia taught me something about finding humor in unlikely places.   We walked down the hill to Ann Morrison  park.  We had a lovely time playing in the water etc.  I was sitting there thinking what a perfect time we were having in perfect 75 degree weather dipping our feet in the river.  When all of the sudden, I looked down at the same time Gia bent over.  I had to do a double take.  Was that poop I was seeing all smooshed up on  her back?  It was!  In the park bathroom, which is one of my least favorite places, as I was wetting toilet paper trying to get all that I could off her, and trying to decide what to do with the panties, ( by the way, I just threw them away)  She said, "Mommy", as she started to giggle, "this is so funny."  She could see the humor in that right away.  I'm still trying.  Perhaps in a year or so when I re-read this I will laugh. For now,  I'm good with the sack race.

...And Daddy Gets the Prize

No comments:

Post a Comment